Loansome Doc Ordering Service
Loansome Doc is the electronic document ordering option available
when searching the MEDLINE database via PubMed. Documents can be sent
via e-mail, mail, or fax.
Loansome Doc services are available to any health care
professional in Arkansas. The library that provides your document delivery
service depends upon the Arkansas county in which you reside. The UAMS Library provides document delivery service to those residing in Cleburne, Faulkner, Garland, Hot Spring,
Perry, Pulaski, Saline, Van Buren or White County.
If you reside in another county, your primary access for document
delivery will be one of the Regional Center libraries.
Members of the Arkansas Department of Health and preceptors for the College of Pharmacy (COPP) may utilize Loansome Doc services through the UAMS Library and charge fees to a special ADH or COPP account, respectively.
To become a UAMS Library Loansome Doc participant, please follow these steps:
- Register with the UAMS Library’s ILLiad system at - http://www.library.uams.edu/illiad/ and select the “First Time Users” link. Review the terms and conditions, and then proceed to the New User Registration page. Type in all the required information. This is a one-time only requirement. If not UAMS personnel, type in 000000 for your barcode number. Please use your email address as your ILLiad user ID as well as your Loansome Doc user ID - Your ILLiad user ID must match your Loansome Doc user ID.
NOTE: Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) staff and UAMS College of Pharmacy Preceptors (COPP) must list your status as "Non-UAMS Health Professional" unless you have a UAMS ID. Please list your location as ADH or COPP.
- Go to http://www.nlm.nih.gov/loansomedoc/loansome_home.html and review the information about the Loansome Doc ordering system. Select “Loansome Doc” from the list of options on the right.
- Select the “Sign Up” link found in the login area - then at the “Registering for a Loansome Doc Account” page select the “Get Started” button.
- In the “Find a Library” section, choose your state from the drop-down menu, then “Search for Libraries.” Select UAMS from the list of libraries.
- In the “User Identification” area, select the category that best describes you then “Continue.”
- At the My Info screen, create a login and complete the My Info section. Indicate your preferred delivery method in the “Ordering Preferences” section, then select “Continue.”
- Verify your information, then select “Complete Registration.”
- Continue with placing your order, or logout.
For assistance with the Loansome Doc registration process:
Call 501-686-6744 or email email@example.com
Last Updated on